Antique Clocks/Diplomat Grandfather Clock

I inherited this clock from my mother and have enjoyed the look and sounds it brings to my home. Unfortunately, several days ago the hour chime started sounding on the 3/4 hour mark and am not sure of how to reset it. Please help.

Let's try the easy solution first.  If you move the minute hand slowly backwards from the 9 to the 6 and then back to the 9 it will chime.  Do this three times and it should be back in sequence.  You may have to go a little past the 6.  You should hear a click.  Then move it back to the 9.  It should chime.
There is usually a reason that this happens.  It is probably getting dirty and should be cleaned and oiled by a professional if it happens again.  This is all assuming that your clock strikes on every 1/4 hour.  

Try this and see if you solve your problem.  If not get back to me and we can try something else.

Please visit our web site:

Antique Clocks

I will answer any clock repair questions to the best of my ability but not appraisal questions.

I have been repairing mechanical and electric clocks for over 25 years.

I am a current expert in the small appliance catagory.

BS Education

We have been in business in the Madison, Wi. area for over 30 years.