Antique Clocks/Striking problem

My Zaandam clock, with a Hermle movement, strikes 10 minutes late. Even when I move the hour hand to the correct time, it still does this. I have recently replaced the movement, as it stopped striking altogether, due to the wearing of the striker actuator.

It would help if you sent a picture of the clock movement but you need to lift cannon pinion out of mesh and move a few teeth to allow the minute hand to strike at the 12. This will need the dial off. Possibly a job for a horologist unless you feel competent at doing this Daniel

Antique Clocks

Daniel Clements

All questions about pre C1820 UK antique clocks. For the type of clock I can answer questions about, see if your clock is something like one on our website http://

I run a large family UK antique clocks business

We offer a full in house money back guarantee that all our antiques are genuine

Sunday Times Business Section and othe press

All my life working in , restoring and selling genuine antique clocks from the 17th 18th and 19th centuries

My father was the clocks consultant up to 1984 of millers antiques price guide. I have appeared on tv and in national newspapers

Many V.I.P clients from UK and overseas