Antique Clocks/antique clock

I have A Warren telechron  model 8b51 how old and whats the value

According to the information I have, the telechron 8B51 is a combination clock and timer. It is called the "controla". It was the intention a radio would be plugged in to it, thus making it a clock radio. Since it is called the Warren Telechron, it would have been made previous to WWII. If it has a cloth cord it would have been made previous to 1933. There is one on the internet priced at $75. This, of course, is a retail price. I have one of those clocks and believe I paid $5. for it at an estate sale.

The Warren Telechron Co. was the first to make self starting electric clocks. They worked with electric utilities to get the 60 hertz power frequency stabilized. If the turban generators run fast, so will all the clocks. If they run slow, so will the clocks.

Mr. Warren eventually sold his company to GE Corporation who marketed these clocks by the thousands. They even used the movements from these clocks in their clock radios.

For quite some time, replacement motors for these clocks had not been available, however, when I got my latest catalog from Timesavers, I see these are being reproduced. They are a bit pricy at approx. $40. each. The motors themselves have a rotor which operates at 3600 rpm. It is totally sealed and is joined to a gear box which reduces the rpm to either 3.6 or 1 depending on which movement you have. The one 1 rpm movement was bigger and was used in clocks which were called upon to do some work such as powering a chime mechanism or time clock.  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams

I can not think of any questions I cannot answer in regard to repairing antique clocks or radios. However, I am sure there are a few I have not heard and may not be able to answer. If I cannot, I will say so. I have been repairing them since I was a young child.

My experience includes repairing CooKoo clocks, Westminsters, BimBam, almost all antique clocks. I do a bit of repair on battery clocks where the value is sufficient to warrant working on them. I also repair antique (tube type) radios - all makes.

Indiana Historical Radio Society, Illinois Valley Antique Car Club, Military Vehicle Preservation Association

BEE from Cleveland State University

Four patents.

Friends and family