Antique Clocks/Hermle Wall Clock Does't Move

Our clock stopped working when we changed the batteries and adjusted for daylight saving time. If we manually change the time it chimes on the hour-so batteries are good.  Please help-so disappointed!!

Thanks and Have a fabulous day!!

Since there is no picture of the battery compartment, I assume that the chime and time functions use different batteries. The center shaft on which the hands are placed would extend from the middle of the clock and there is a 2" x 2" plastic module which turns the hands and signals by two wires the hour point to the chime module. Be certain the batteries in that unit are in correctly and making good contact and there is no corrosion on the contacts. If this does not fix it please take a picture of the back of the clock showing the entire mechanism and I will get back with you with more recommendations.

The battery for the time function has nothing to do with the chime except to move the hands and signals the chime function to work. About the only way to repair these is to replace modules, although I lucked out once by squirting WD40 into the time module and this fixed it. Since I could not guarantee that this would fix it I did not charge the customer for this low cost repair.  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams

I can not think of any questions I cannot answer in regard to repairing antique clocks or radios. However, I am sure there are a few I have not heard and may not be able to answer. If I cannot, I will say so. I have been repairing them since I was a young child.

My experience includes repairing CooKoo clocks, Westminsters, BimBam, almost all antique clocks. I do a bit of repair on battery clocks where the value is sufficient to warrant working on them. I also repair antique (tube type) radios - all makes.

Indiana Historical Radio Society, Illinois Valley Antique Car Club, Military Vehicle Preservation Association

BEE from Cleveland State University

Four patents.

Friends and family