Antique Clocks/Identify clock

Clock face
Clock face  

Clock case
Clock case  
Hi Barry:
Thank you very much for taking the time and helping me to identify my antique grandfather clock. Purchased in 1992 at a Manassas, Virginia embassy estate sale.any information would be greatly appreciated.
It has,
3 tubes ( it is possible that it originally had more?)
2 weights
Manufactured by Colonial Manufacturing in Zeeland, Michigan
Measures: 85 " high , 21 " wide, 15" deep
Beautiful clock face and carved side doors to face components.
Currently not operating but has in the past.

Colonial was started in 1914. I don't know if they are still in business but I have one dated 1979. I would date yours to the early 20 century. Yours probably has an American movement. Later ones like mine have German movements. Your clock will strike the hour but not chime (play a tune). (If it had a chime there would be 3 weights.) So I would think 3 hammers would hit the 3 tubes together for the hour strike. You should have as many tubes as you have hammers. You may or may not be able to see the hammers. My more recent clock has a serial number, the first 2 digits of which indicate the year it was made. I don't know if they did this from the beginning but you might look for a serial. Nice clock!

Antique Clocks

Barry W Macomber

My experience is mostly with 19th century American clocks. I can answer repair questions and can identify most clocks of this period. I cannot answer questions about non-American clocks.

Many years buying, selling, and collecting American clocks.

NAWCC 14,915

No formal education in this area.