Antique Clocks/RE: Howard Miller 1976 Clock

I have an antique gold Howard Miller clock from 1976. That is the date it has on a gold plate inside. I don't have the serial number with me but I do have a picture. Can you help m with this?

I have no way of getting a serial number from records I would have. Howard Miller has marketed many designs of clocks not all of which they have designed themselves. The company was actually started by Herman Miller back in the 1800's. After some financial problems the company was taken over by Herman's son, Howard, who was very successful. I have a few Howard Miller clocks myself, one of which is a very beautiful grandfather clock which lacks a movement. Somehow the movement got separated from the clock and lost before the case was given to me.

You mention you have a picture but it did not come through with this request.

All of my smaller Howard Miller clocks are fully functional.  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams

I can not think of any questions I cannot answer in regard to repairing antique clocks or radios. However, I am sure there are a few I have not heard and may not be able to answer. If I cannot, I will say so. I have been repairing them since I was a young child.

My experience includes repairing CooKoo clocks, Westminsters, BimBam, almost all antique clocks. I do a bit of repair on battery clocks where the value is sufficient to warrant working on them. I also repair antique (tube type) radios - all makes.

Indiana Historical Radio Society, Illinois Valley Antique Car Club, Military Vehicle Preservation Association

BEE from Cleveland State University

Four patents.

Friends and family