Antique Clocks/Smartphone Detecting room Temperature.

Dear Tom

Can Smartphone device detect and display room Temperature similar to Wall Clocks?.

There are some cell phones with built in temperature censures. They require an app which enables them to measure the temperature of some object in the room. I do not think you could incorporate a temperature censor into the cell phone which measures room temperature directly. This is because the temperature of the phone would be influenced too much by the users body temperature and possibly by sunlight. Another brand of cell phone uses an external temperature censor. You could go to Google and see what you can find there.  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams

I can not think of any questions I cannot answer in regard to repairing antique clocks or radios. However, I am sure there are a few I have not heard and may not be able to answer. If I cannot, I will say so. I have been repairing them since I was a young child.

My experience includes repairing CooKoo clocks, Westminsters, BimBam, almost all antique clocks. I do a bit of repair on battery clocks where the value is sufficient to warrant working on them. I also repair antique (tube type) radios - all makes.

Indiana Historical Radio Society, Illinois Valley Antique Car Club, Military Vehicle Preservation Association

BEE from Cleveland State University

Four patents.

Friends and family