Antique Clocks/Jewel Wrist watches.

Dear Tom

1 How many maximum number of Jewels can be designed in a wrist watch?.

2 Do Jewel wrist watches have a resale value?.

As far as I can remember the most jewels put in a watch has been 21. Seventeen was much more common. The last 4 jewels slung the main spring and were a kind of overkill.

Jewel movements are always more expensive to build and last longer than those where the staffs rotate in holes drilled in the side plate .

Because of the use of jewels they are also easier to repair and will last a persons lifetime or longer. This greatly increases the retail value.  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams

I can not think of any questions I cannot answer in regard to repairing antique clocks or radios. However, I am sure there are a few I have not heard and may not be able to answer. If I cannot, I will say so. I have been repairing them since I was a young child.

My experience includes repairing CooKoo clocks, Westminsters, BimBam, almost all antique clocks. I do a bit of repair on battery clocks where the value is sufficient to warrant working on them. I also repair antique (tube type) radios - all makes.

Indiana Historical Radio Society, Illinois Valley Antique Car Club, Military Vehicle Preservation Association

BEE from Cleveland State University

Four patents.

Friends and family