Antique Clocks/Sessions Mount Vernon Banjo

Is there an on off position for this clock if so where is it

I, personally, have never seen an electric clock with an on/off switch. My Seth Thomas Mt. Vernon banjo clock is not self starting and can be stopped only by unplugging it or a power failure. It must be started with a little lever which spins it in the correct direction, thereby getting it going.

I do not know what useful purpose a switch would have if the clock is working correctly. If it is not a chime clock, the setting knob or hands can be turned in either direction as required for the transition from daylight savings time to standard time.  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams

I can not think of any questions I cannot answer in regard to repairing antique clocks or radios. However, I am sure there are a few I have not heard and may not be able to answer. If I cannot, I will say so. I have been repairing them since I was a young child.

My experience includes repairing CooKoo clocks, Westminsters, BimBam, almost all antique clocks. I do a bit of repair on battery clocks where the value is sufficient to warrant working on them. I also repair antique (tube type) radios - all makes.

Indiana Historical Radio Society, Illinois Valley Antique Car Club, Military Vehicle Preservation Association

BEE from Cleveland State University

Four patents.

Friends and family