Antique Clocks/dutch zaandam atlas wall clock

Question
QUESTION: I have just been given a dutch zaandam atlas wall clock that my husband bought for my mother-in-law 20+ years ago and she no longer wants it.  the trouble i am having is that it chimes the hour plus 2 chimes.  ie at 7 o'clock it chimes 9 times.  how can i synchronize the chimes with the hour?
thanks,
Peggy

ANSWER: in your example, move the hour hand forward two numbers- then set the current time by moving the minute hand  as usual.

QUESTION: why does the clock not keep time? it seems to loose time constantly. how can i fix it?

Answer
the round nut under the "horse and rider" pendulum bob regulates the speed of the clock

tightening the nut raises the horse up the wire and speeds the clock up

it is just trial and error till you get it right

you may have to take the clock down to access the back to get at it  

Antique Clocks

Kenneth Saunders