Antique Clocks/Kern Anniversary Clock

I have a Kern anniversary clock that I purchased 30 plus years ago in Germany.  The plate is marked K u S-M IV, NO JEWELS, UNADJUSTED. It has stopped working.  It appears that the pallet wheel isn't getting any "power".  When it stops running it seems that the escapement is "down" on the left side as viewed from the front of the clock. I have several floor clocks, most with Hermle movements that I maintain and do minor repairs on as well as a number of wall clocks but this clock has me stymied.  Everything is intact clean and in place.  I didn't pay a great deal for the clock so I don't think it would be worth having a professional work on it. Can you be of any assistance.  Thanks in advance.

needs cleaning probably- visual clean is not clean inside the little pivot shaft holes

fairly simple to take apart--let the mainspring down and the rest is logical - don't loose any little parts

replacing the suspension spring assembly is the fussy part- but you don't have that problem  

Antique Clocks

Kenneth Saunders

Any mechanical clock question - no battery clock questions and no appraisals. 47 years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner. Attach a photo if possible and note all markings on the rear of the mechanism- thanks

47+ years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner.

Comment - Of the 7 antique clock experts provided by, you, Mr. Saunders, were the ONLY one who provided the correct answer that allowed me to solve the problem for which I sought help; thanks a million!!! Comment - On a scale of 1-10, I would give Mr. Saunders a 15 on each category. His responses were clear, addressed my questions and concerns in a way that even I could understand, and even sent a picture. He explained what I had and how to resolve the issue. I was amazed at how quickly he replied to each on my e mails. He shouldn't get a gold star, he should get a whole box of them!!! Thank you Mr. Saunders, I will keep you on my e-mail "speed dial". Comment - Ken answered my question regarding how to adjust the proper striking of the hammers on my Grandfather clock within a few minutes of my sending the question to him. He answered my follow-up question the next morning. I would rate him higher if there was a number larger than ten in the selection box. Thanks again Ken Comment - I RECEIVED AN ANSWER WITHIN AN HOUR.OUTSTANDING SERVICE.YOUR RATING SHOULD BE HIGHER THAN 10. Comment - This Man is Fantastic...there is no Scale for a him...if there was...He'd beat the top of Smile....I could never ask for more ....this Man is his Score.... Comment - It's happening!! The clock has run for about 8 hours...I appreciate your quick response and clarity of directions. Thanks so much ! Kenneth really knows his stuff, he has the knowledge about where you can buy replacement parts and where to get repair service or do it yourself. I think I can fix it myself and receive the full value of my clock. He even sent me pictures of clocks like mine sold online so I could get a good idea of the value. Thank you Kenneth for responding so fast and making me feel so confident in repairing my own clock. I vote Kenneth Volunteer of the Year.