Antique Clocks/Ansonia Clock date

Question
ansonia
ansonia  
please provide the date of manufacture of an ansonia clock , picture is attached. thank you.

Answer
We were unable to find this Ansonia in any of our reference books and have never seen one like it to date. Richard, our clock shop manager, had an initial reaction that this was a clock that originated  when mechanical components were sent to India, then mounted into a clock case after arrivalů. similar to the Anglo-American clocks I would imagine.  The current bezel is not an Ansonia bezel and the case is atypical of Ansonia styles. The  way the case is configured and the hand style reminded him of clocks of similar manufacture that we received from India in the past.

(response above is from an internet friend).

photo of the mechanism might help?  

Antique Clocks

Kenneth Saunders