Antique Clocks/dunhaven mantel clock won't chime

Question
I recently got my dunhaven mantel clock to keep time but on the hour and half hours it doesn't chime. It makes a small clicking noise when it's supposed to chime and nothing else. I did wind it up before it starting working again just don't know how to make chime work. If you can help I would appreciate it, thank you

Answer
It sounds like your chime gear train is jammed up for some reason. You will have to remove the movement from the case and look it over for any obvious sign of damage. It may also be gummed up with old oil which will have to be flushed out with carbeurator cleaner or other solvent. Once you have cleaned it, it will have to be oiled using a household oil such as sewing machine oil. Some clocks are shipped with the chime hammers anchored down to protect the chime bars from shipping damage. You might check for this. Other than that, I do not know what to tell you. If you use carbeurator cleaner be sure to use it in a well ventilated area as it is highly flammable.  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams