Antique Clocks/Re: R.U.F. Urania Movement

Question
Hello Kenneth,

I recently obtained an R.U.F. Urania weight driven wall clock for restoration.  According to the owner, a fall from the wall resulted in its demise.  The movement (#16591) is missing the suspension spring.  The slotted rod pendulum is original as is the slide movement mounting.  My question is what length and thickness suspension spring would you recommend for this particular movement?  As you well know, there are literally hundreds to choose from, therefore my query.

A thanks in advance for your suggestion.

Sincerely,
S.C. Sandy

Answer
fortunately not critical :  length so that the penulum upper leader positions itself properly to interact with the crutch from the movement

strength so that it is not too stiff- thinner can't hurt

thickness of the blocks so it fits the ends (normally not an issue) (got the old parts?)

Antique Clocks

Kenneth Saunders