Antique Clocks/Clock only chimes "one o'clock"

Question
Hamilton pendulum wall clock, retirement gift from 1988. Keeps good time. Chimes strike at quarter hour and half hour properly. But at the top of every hour, it will only chime one o'clock.
Advice?

Answer
Sorry that I am late getting back to you but we were in NC on a mission trip and just got back.

It sounds like you will have to take the movement out of the clock and do the service work.  There is a pivot with some notches on it that will have to be cleaned as it is not dropping properly.  It is sticking and onot allowing the pivot to drop like it should.  If you feel that you can do this type of repair, get back to me and I will try to walk you through the repair.  Actually the whole movement should be cleaned and lubricated as you say the 3/4 hour strike does not work as well.  If not, you should take it to a qualified service person.

If you can not find a local service person, you can ship it to me and I will be glad to repair the clock.  Let me know.

Please visit our web site: www.kieferappliance.com

Antique Clocks

Wayne