Antique Clocks/bulova clock

Question
I have a brass table top clock Bulova Quartz says made in Germany and has a beautiful emblem in middle and writing around the emblem which is latin I found the interpretation which is To teach and to Inquire into the causes of things. and around it says I think University Georgia 1785. Trying to find out if this is a rare clock or not.

Answer
Sorry for the delay, we were gone for the weekend with family.

Quartz clocks have been around since the mid 60's, however the idea of quartz crystal occilators have been associated with time keeping since the early 30's using vacuum tube technology.

Bulova has marketed a number of clocks, radios and even clock radios in the last 50 years. They tended to be limited production and were probably sold at jewelry stores or jewelry departments of larger stores to increase their sales base. It probably is a somewhat unusual piece you have. Possibly it was a gift of some kind given in limited numbers to students and or faculty at a certain event, possibly a retirement or graduation. I would contact the University of Georgia and ask them if they can give you any information on the clock. I would send them a picture also.  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams