Antique Clocks/Poppo cuckoo clock

QUESTION: I have Poppo cuckoo clock that is in need of repairs, but I am having trouble finding someone to help me with it. The local clock shop said they have never seen anything like it before. Can you please direct me to someone who can work on it? Thank you for your kind assistance.

ANSWER: I have not worked on one before either- but what's the big deal??

what is the problem with it and where exactly are you located?

QUESTION: Thank you for your quick response!
It was in the attic of a house I once purchased and I have no idea if all of the parts are there, or if it even works at all. The repair shop I took it to couldn't tell me the answers, either. I'm afraid I don't even know how work it, but I think it's amazing just looking at it. Over time, and moving, etcetera, the hands are now broken, too. I live in New Jersey, but will be moving to the West Coast soon. I don't know if I could mail it or it the cost would be prohibitive. Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Japanese origin and quite collectible--bring it to the West Coast with you --hands are easily available and cost 2 bucks--probably just needs oiling by anyone who does cuckoo clocks

Antique Clocks

Kenneth Saunders

Any mechanical clock question - no battery clock questions and no appraisals. 47 years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner. Attach a photo if possible and note all markings on the rear of the mechanism- thanks

47+ years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner.

Comment - Of the 7 antique clock experts provided by, you, Mr. Saunders, were the ONLY one who provided the correct answer that allowed me to solve the problem for which I sought help; thanks a million!!! Comment - On a scale of 1-10, I would give Mr. Saunders a 15 on each category. His responses were clear, addressed my questions and concerns in a way that even I could understand, and even sent a picture. He explained what I had and how to resolve the issue. I was amazed at how quickly he replied to each on my e mails. He shouldn't get a gold star, he should get a whole box of them!!! Thank you Mr. Saunders, I will keep you on my e-mail "speed dial". Comment - Ken answered my question regarding how to adjust the proper striking of the hammers on my Grandfather clock within a few minutes of my sending the question to him. He answered my follow-up question the next morning. I would rate him higher if there was a number larger than ten in the selection box. Thanks again Ken Comment - I RECEIVED AN ANSWER WITHIN AN HOUR.OUTSTANDING SERVICE.YOUR RATING SHOULD BE HIGHER THAN 10. Comment - This Man is Fantastic...there is no Scale for a him...if there was...He'd beat the top of Smile....I could never ask for more ....this Man is his Score.... Comment - It's happening!! The clock has run for about 8 hours...I appreciate your quick response and clarity of directions. Thanks so much ! Kenneth really knows his stuff, he has the knowledge about where you can buy replacement parts and where to get repair service or do it yourself. I think I can fix it myself and receive the full value of my clock. He even sent me pictures of clocks like mine sold online so I could get a good idea of the value. Thank you Kenneth for responding so fast and making me feel so confident in repairing my own clock. I vote Kenneth Volunteer of the Year.