Antique Clocks/waltham 31 day chime wall clock

Question
I have had this clock for about 30 years. It has always struck the number of hours on the hour and only once on the half hour. Recently it has started striking the hour number on the half hour as well as on the hour. Any suggestions?

Answer
internal adjustment needed on the front of the movement behind the dial- probably best left to a pro

the rack hook is getting too much lift on the half hour and needs to be adjusted somehow- have to see the issue when inside the mechanism. Something worn or bent wrong.

Antique Clocks

Kenneth Saunders