Antique Clocks/Edwards electric clock #564

Question
Have an Edwards clock with doorbell.  What is the voltage used to power the clock and 4-tube chime?  Can I use an "off the shelf" transformer?

Answer
I am not familiar with the Edwards as such but do have a Nutone in my clock collection. It uses a standard telechron movement which requires 110 to 120 volt ac 60 hertz. The chime uses a standard externally mounted Nutone 16V transformer. I would try 16V on the coil of the clock and see if it will run. I am sure the chime is 16V. If the clock does not run, please measure the resistance of the coil and send it to me for evaluation. Please do not send this until about the 10th of August as I am on the road now or send it via email anytime at mapawms@aol.com.  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams