Antique Clocks/Edwards electric clock #564

Have an Edwards clock with doorbell.  What is the voltage used to power the clock and 4-tube chime?  Can I use an "off the shelf" transformer?

I am not familiar with the Edwards as such but do have a Nutone in my clock collection. It uses a standard telechron movement which requires 110 to 120 volt ac 60 hertz. The chime uses a standard externally mounted Nutone 16V transformer. I would try 16V on the coil of the clock and see if it will run. I am sure the chime is 16V. If the clock does not run, please measure the resistance of the coil and send it to me for evaluation. Please do not send this until about the 10th of August as I am on the road now or send it via email anytime at  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams

I can not think of any questions I cannot answer in regard to repairing antique clocks or radios. However, I am sure there are a few I have not heard and may not be able to answer. If I cannot, I will say so. I have been repairing them since I was a young child.

My experience includes repairing CooKoo clocks, Westminsters, BimBam, almost all antique clocks. I do a bit of repair on battery clocks where the value is sufficient to warrant working on them. I also repair antique (tube type) radios - all makes.

Indiana Historical Radio Society, Illinois Valley Antique Car Club, Military Vehicle Preservation Association

BEE from Cleveland State University

Four patents.

Friends and family