Antique Clocks/Gilbert 1807

I need to know can i fix the motor .There is only 1 wire on the right side. is this something that can be fixed, are should I buy the works

I have sometimes been successful at locating the break where a wire has been pulled or burned off. The only thing you can do is try. It usually breaks fairly close to where the small magnet wire joins to the lead coming out of the coil. The magnet wire has a very thin coating of a clear or slightly darkened enamel which must be scraped off in order to make contact with the new lead wire. The only suitable connection technique is solder. Both the lead wires are solder are available from Radio Shack. Be sure to use rosin core solder and not something containing acid as this will attack the very small copper wire.

There are some cases which I have not been able to repair. Merritts ( and Timesavers ( do have some motors available. However, I do not know if they have one that will fit a Gilbert.  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams

I can not think of any questions I cannot answer in regard to repairing antique clocks or radios. However, I am sure there are a few I have not heard and may not be able to answer. If I cannot, I will say so. I have been repairing them since I was a young child.

My experience includes repairing CooKoo clocks, Westminsters, BimBam, almost all antique clocks. I do a bit of repair on battery clocks where the value is sufficient to warrant working on them. I also repair antique (tube type) radios - all makes.

Indiana Historical Radio Society, Illinois Valley Antique Car Club, Military Vehicle Preservation Association

BEE from Cleveland State University

Four patents.

Friends and family