Antique Clocks/seikosha wall clock

Question
How do I set the clock and the number of bell tones to match?

Answer
The bell tones are preset within the clock, thus you must gently pull the hour hand toward the minute hand and turn it so it agrees with the hour strike. The clock itself is set by turning the hour hand. Most clocks can be set by turning the hour hand either way but if you do not have instructions as to how to set it I recommend ONLY turning it forward. You can turn it backward a few minutes but not past chime points. Stopping the pendulum is a good substitute for turning the hands backwards.  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams