Antique Clocks/Grandfather clock

Question
grandfather clock
grandfather clock  
Grandfather clock3
Grandfather clock3  
QUESTION: My clock was a kit my grandfather put together in the 1930-40's. On the movement there is a plate that says, 16311. Colonial Manufacture Zeeland, Mi. It has been repaired after a disasterous fall, but the hammers are missing. My repair man seems to think there are cords from the hammers but I can only find hammers with what looks like brass rods on the internet.

There are 7 chimes. The clock is 7 1/2 feet tall, 23" wide and 15" deep. It looks very much like a Herschede. All the photo shows is the clock cabnet. The rest, except the chimes, are at the clock shop.

My question is do you know this clock and what size and type of hammers I need? Are there strings or rods?

Thank you so much for any information you can give me.

Bonnie
PS There are 7 chimes. The clock is 7 1/2 feet tall, 23" wide and 15" deep. It looks very much like a Herschede. All the photo shows is the clock cabnet. The rest, except the chimes, are at the clock shop.

ANSWER: This is a very nice clock and it looks like he did good work in assembling it.  Without seeing the movement I will not be able to guess at what size the hammers might be.  If you can take of picture of the movement, I may be able to give you a better idea of what to look for.  I have a very old (early 1800) grandfather clock that I am presently working on that has cords that operate the hammers and that may be the same type of movement that you have.  If I can see a picture of your movement I will compare it to the movement I have in the shop now.

Please visit our web site: www.kieferappliance.com

name plate
name plate  

top of c lock
top of c lock  
QUESTION: attached are addition photos you asked for. Thank you for any help you may give.

PS. There are a few more images but it would only allow me to put in two.

Answer
The seven rods sticking out the top of the movement have cords attached to them and they in turn operate the hammer assembly that strikes the chines.  I do not n ee the hammer assembly in the picture.  Do you have this assembly?  If not it may be a problem finding one.  If you do need one I can take a picture of the one on the clock that I have at the shop so you will know what it looks like.  This movement is older than yours and only has three hammers but the operation principle is the same.  Let me know.

Antique Clocks

Wayne