Antique Clocks/seth thomas 298a movement no.260.

Question
face of clock
face of clock  

back of clock
back of clock  
I received this clock as a birthday present. It is my first clock. I do not know how to wind it or set the time. I cannot find any answers online about this particular clock. Please help? I would love to know everything about this time piece. Thank you in advance!

Answer
kitchen clock-so called

the paper label on the back has some of the operating instructions

you wind both key shafts in the dial to power the clock - wind fully

set current time by moving the minute hand clockwise stopping for the bonging to finish on the hour and half--till you have correct time

hang pendulum on the wire hook and set it swinging to start the ticking

no telling what condition it is in or if it will run.

it has an alarm feature set by the little brass dial in the center- winding the little spring mechanism in the back bottom of the case is the alarm

Antique Clocks

Kenneth Saunders