Antique Clocks/Abey cottey #102 grand father

Question
The clock seems to keep good time but it chimes six minutes after the quarter hour and I have tried to adjust the hands on the face of the clock but that doesn't seem to work I'm still six minutes off but the clock keeps good time

Answer
the minute hand is two pieces - the hand and the center collet with the square hole in it. holding the hand and either with a square end of a file that fits the collet or a pair of pliers on the OD of the collet--rotate the relationship between the two so when put back on the minute hand shaft and the nut replaced, it makes you happy where it is pointing.

Antique Clocks

Kenneth Saunders