Antique Clocks/Gilbert 31 day Wall clock (made in Japan)

QUESTION: Hello, I inherited a Gilbert 31 Day Wall clock, it has Japan stamped on it.  Unfortunately I received it without the pendulum, bob, or bottom screw.  The weights do not drop they are only for show.  I have no idea what size pendulum, bob or bottom screw to look for.  the back is screwed on tight so I did not look to see if there is a PL length on the movement.  Can you help, I also need to know where I can obtain these parts.  Thank you very much the clock was my mothers and it might not be valuable but it's worth a million to me.

ANSWER: what does the little wire thing under the mechanism that you would hang a pendulum onto look like??  can you attach a photo?  I guess you need a key to wind it?  advise

QUESTION: I believe it's a double hook because it looks like an upside down "T", and yes, we have a key to wind it. I'll check it again and try to get a picture.

something like this may work:

comes in 4 lengths  6 7/8  thru  11 7/8

measure from the wire hanger to where the pendulum bob would look the best and you might have what you need -- length is critical to time keeping  

Antique Clocks

Kenneth Saunders

Any mechanical clock question - no battery clock questions and no appraisals. 47 years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner. Attach a photo if possible and note all markings on the rear of the mechanism- thanks

47+ years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner.

Comment - Of the 7 antique clock experts provided by, you, Mr. Saunders, were the ONLY one who provided the correct answer that allowed me to solve the problem for which I sought help; thanks a million!!! Comment - On a scale of 1-10, I would give Mr. Saunders a 15 on each category. His responses were clear, addressed my questions and concerns in a way that even I could understand, and even sent a picture. He explained what I had and how to resolve the issue. I was amazed at how quickly he replied to each on my e mails. He shouldn't get a gold star, he should get a whole box of them!!! Thank you Mr. Saunders, I will keep you on my e-mail "speed dial". Comment - Ken answered my question regarding how to adjust the proper striking of the hammers on my Grandfather clock within a few minutes of my sending the question to him. He answered my follow-up question the next morning. I would rate him higher if there was a number larger than ten in the selection box. Thanks again Ken Comment - I RECEIVED AN ANSWER WITHIN AN HOUR.OUTSTANDING SERVICE.YOUR RATING SHOULD BE HIGHER THAN 10. Comment - This Man is Fantastic...there is no Scale for a him...if there was...He'd beat the top of Smile....I could never ask for more ....this Man is his Score.... Comment - It's happening!! The clock has run for about 8 hours...I appreciate your quick response and clarity of directions. Thanks so much ! Kenneth really knows his stuff, he has the knowledge about where you can buy replacement parts and where to get repair service or do it yourself. I think I can fix it myself and receive the full value of my clock. He even sent me pictures of clocks like mine sold online so I could get a good idea of the value. Thank you Kenneth for responding so fast and making me feel so confident in repairing my own clock. I vote Kenneth Volunteer of the Year.