Antique Clocks/Integrated Wall Electronic Digital Calendar and Clock product.

Dear Tom

Do you feel that it can be possible to design and Construct a integrated Digital Calendar and Clock product which can be fixed to the Wall?.

Its a combined product which will display the Day, month, Year on the Calendar as well as the time on the clock.

The Calendar can be viewed for all years manually with push buttons.

Do you feel It can be useful to design a remote control device designed for operating the Calendar and Clock product?.

I have such a clock in my home. It is linked to the USA Bureau of Standards Atomic clock in Fort Collins, Colorado. It is kept on time by the Bureau of Standards time signal which is a radio signal. My clock is set for our time zone and can be set for either daylight savings time or standard time only. The electronic signal advances and sets back the time so correct local time is always displayed.

I also have two analog type atomic clocks which behave similarly. These clocks were all purchased at local Department Stores or Discount Store.

I checked the Newark Electronics catalog and there are several integrated circuits which could be programmed to do what you are inquiring about. There are also integrated circuits which would perform the remote control feature if you do not want to go the atomic clock route. I know the BBC has transmitters all over the world doing the same thing the US Bureau of Standards station does. Having it capable of being controlled by this signal would probably do away with a need for a remote control.  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams

I can not think of any questions I cannot answer in regard to repairing antique clocks or radios. However, I am sure there are a few I have not heard and may not be able to answer. If I cannot, I will say so. I have been repairing them since I was a young child.

My experience includes repairing CooKoo clocks, Westminsters, BimBam, almost all antique clocks. I do a bit of repair on battery clocks where the value is sufficient to warrant working on them. I also repair antique (tube type) radios - all makes.

Indiana Historical Radio Society, Illinois Valley Antique Car Club, Military Vehicle Preservation Association

BEE from Cleveland State University

Four patents.

Friends and family