Antique Clocks/Type if clock

I have a very small desk clock. It says J. B.  667. It also says Jewel Mfg.  Co.  It says it was patented in 1901. It has on top 2 little children sitting and playing some string instruments. Any ideas about this clock.

The J. B. stands for Jennings Brothers Manufacturing Company. They made quite a variety of clock cases, candle holders and other silvered items. The above website is the history of the company for you to look at if you wish.  

Possibly, the made the movement for the clock but I doubt it. There were a good many clock manufacturers in the New England area who would have been glad to supply them with movements far cheaper than they could tool up and make them themselves.

I could not find out anything about the Jewel Mfg. Co as all of the sites that came up showed they manufactured construction equipment.  I suspect this was another name under which Jennings Brothers marketed their wares. This was a common practice and is still.  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams

I can not think of any questions I cannot answer in regard to repairing antique clocks or radios. However, I am sure there are a few I have not heard and may not be able to answer. If I cannot, I will say so. I have been repairing them since I was a young child.

My experience includes repairing CooKoo clocks, Westminsters, BimBam, almost all antique clocks. I do a bit of repair on battery clocks where the value is sufficient to warrant working on them. I also repair antique (tube type) radios - all makes.

Indiana Historical Radio Society, Illinois Valley Antique Car Club, Military Vehicle Preservation Association

BEE from Cleveland State University

Four patents.

Friends and family