Antique Clocks/Alfry clock

Question
My late dad gave me his clock Alfry clock 340-020.  However key missing.   Where can I get new one?

Answer
that number sounds like that of a Hermle movement. I have a movement just like it except it has an A suffix. My winding arbors measure 4 mm which is .l58 inches and would require a #8 American size key. This key is available from Timesavers (www.timesavers.com). The part number is 10106 and the cost is $2.50. There is a larger wing brass key also available for $3. under the part number of 10181. There would probably be a shipping and handling charge.

Before you order, I would check the thickness of the arbor to be certain it is 4mm on your clock. Otherwise, you may have a disappointment. This will probably require removing the movement, but if the clock is over 5 or 10 years old it probably needs to be lubricated anyway. While you are ordering items you might as well get a clock oiler, part #23309 and they come filled with oil at a price of $2. each. Be certain to lubricate all the pivots and put a little oil on each of the pinions.  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams