You are here:

Antique Clocks/Alfry clock


My late dad gave me his clock Alfry clock 340-020.  However key missing.   Where can I get new one?

that number sounds like that of a Hermle movement. I have a movement just like it except it has an A suffix. My winding arbors measure 4 mm which is .l58 inches and would require a #8 American size key. This key is available from Timesavers ( The part number is 10106 and the cost is $2.50. There is a larger wing brass key also available for $3. under the part number of 10181. There would probably be a shipping and handling charge.

Before you order, I would check the thickness of the arbor to be certain it is 4mm on your clock. Otherwise, you may have a disappointment. This will probably require removing the movement, but if the clock is over 5 or 10 years old it probably needs to be lubricated anyway. While you are ordering items you might as well get a clock oiler, part #23309 and they come filled with oil at a price of $2. each. Be certain to lubricate all the pivots and put a little oil on each of the pinions.  

Antique Clocks

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Tom Williams


I can not think of any questions I cannot answer in regard to repairing antique clocks or radios. However, I am sure there are a few I have not heard and may not be able to answer. If I cannot, I will say so. I have been repairing them since I was a young child.


My experience includes repairing CooKoo clocks, Westminsters, BimBam, almost all antique clocks. I do a bit of repair on battery clocks where the value is sufficient to warrant working on them. I also repair antique (tube type) radios - all makes.

Indiana Historical Radio Society, Illinois Valley Antique Car Club, Military Vehicle Preservation Association

BEE from Cleveland State University

Awards and Honors
Four patents.

Past/Present Clients
Friends and family

©2017 All rights reserved.