Antique Clocks/elephant swinger clock

Question
elephent swinger
elephent swinger  

elephant swinger
elephant swinger  
Hi Kenneth, I talked to you before about my Junghans swinger elephant clock. so I took your advice, I used JB Weld to patch the hole in the body, it worked perfect, almost a perfect match in color and very malleable. I also bought the jeweled swinger bar from Time Savers.
I forgot what to use to coat it to hide the repair. It seemed to have some kind of coating which flaked off a little while repairing around the hole(it peeled off) I would appreciate, if you know what it is, where to get it and what it is called. I think you told me bluing for guns, is that kind of a coating or thin oil? would it cover the hole repair?
One other thing, I cleaned up the swinger and it is pink gold??? I never heard of that before have you? Anyway, the body is brass and the swinger has the 8 point star w/J in the middle and unghans around the top in small letters. This clock is suppose to be from 1880's, according to my Dad,spelter wasn't used until the early 1900's and the 8 point star is also an indicator it is
from 1880. What do you think? Thanks for your help  Chris

Answer
colored epoxy might work?

the 8 point star w/J in the middle and unghans around the top in small letters. This clock is suppose to be from 1880's, according to my Dad,spelter wasn't used until the early 1900's and the 8 point star is also an indicator it is
from 1880.

actually that logo was registered in October of 1894 and is used for many years after that

sorry can't be more helpfull........  

Antique Clocks

Kenneth Saunders