Antique Clocks/Paragon wall clock

I have a reproduction clock made by Paragon. It has three places which I wind to keep it running...I want to stop the chimes but dont know which place to let wind down.
On the back of the clock it has "Copyright 1972 Paragon Design Inc.
And the number 32 87482.
Can you tell me how to only stop the chimes?
Thank you,
Carol Evans

The center winding arbor is for the clock itself and generally the one on the right is for the chime function and the one on your left is for the strike function. By winding only the center arbor you should be able to get the clock to stop chiming and striking after the springs run down.

I have run into some clock movements where this will not work, as the time movement will lock up. This does not hurt the clock but if this is the case with yours, you will have to tie up the chime and strike hammers and continue winding all three arbors. This is not a problem with clocks built in the last 50 years. I thought I should advise you of this possibility.  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams

I can not think of any questions I cannot answer in regard to repairing antique clocks or radios. However, I am sure there are a few I have not heard and may not be able to answer. If I cannot, I will say so. I have been repairing them since I was a young child.

My experience includes repairing CooKoo clocks, Westminsters, BimBam, almost all antique clocks. I do a bit of repair on battery clocks where the value is sufficient to warrant working on them. I also repair antique (tube type) radios - all makes.

Indiana Historical Radio Society, Illinois Valley Antique Car Club, Military Vehicle Preservation Association

BEE from Cleveland State University

Four patents.

Friends and family