Antique Clocks/Sessions regulator #2

Question
Regulator #2
Regulator #2  

Back of clock
Back of clock  
Barry

I inherited  this regulator #2 from my grandparents and I'm wondering how old it is.  I can't find a date on it.  From other things I have read it could be from 1903 - 1930 is that correct?  It is currently not working.  The winding mechanism will not move either way and the clock will not stay running.  It runs for three to five minutes then stops.  The hands seem to work while it is running.  I would like to get it fixed, is it worth fixing and what could possibly be wrong with it? Picture of clock and what Is left of tag on the back will be attached.  I look forward to your answers.

Thanks

Answer
Your dates are good. E.N. Welch became Sessions in 1903. I suspect it is fully wound. It should wind counter clockwise. It should have an even bet, which is more important than having it perfectly level. It should go tick..tick..tick rather tick tick...tick tick. I hope you get the idea. If it has been idle for years it may be dirty and/or dry. Sometimes if you just keep starting it, things will loosen up enough to stay running...maybe. I would say it should probably be serviced. I don't know what people near you charge, but this is a very simple timepiece movement. These clocks are not rare but are quite popular. They usually sell in the $200 range; maybe a few dollars more with the calendar.  

Antique Clocks

Barry W Macomber