Antique Furniture/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
previous reuest3/21/2017George E. Harrison III
  Q: I don't think I added the images!!!!!!!
  A: I am not sure what your question is regarding this dining room table. The table appears to be made ...
c 193/16/2017George E. Harrison III
  Q: After being in a building for 30+ years , I was reunited with this dresser that was given to my mom ...
  A: Your Grand Rapids Dresser is most likely made from Mahogany made in the 1920's. I do not consider it ...
Antique Buffet Value3/14/2017George E. Harrison III
  Q: This buffet has been in my family since my great grandfather. I don't know the exact age just that ...
  A: While I can not tell you who the manufacturer is, what I can tell you is that your buffet is in the ...
Table3/7/2017George E. Harrison III
  Q: Harrison, I was hoping you could give me some info on my table. I cannot find any markings on it. ...
  A: While I can not say who made your corner table I feel it was made around the turn of the last ...
Antique China Cabinet marked Simmons Furniture3/7/2017robert klein
  Q: This china cabinet was handed down to me from my grandmother. When I was young it was complete with ...
  A: Not sure what you wanted to know but the cabinet is from the 1920s and has a retail value and a shop ...
Age of this recliner3/5/2017robert klein
  Q: Can you please determine the age of this recliner. It appears to have been repaired on the bottom ...
  A: around 1900 manufacturer. wood appears to be oak but is difficult to see in the photo. I have seen ...
Antique Dinning Table?3/5/2017robert klein
  Q: I recently purchased a beautiful table off craigslist and re-finished it. I know nothing of ...
  A: You did a magnificent job on the table. It is from the 1920s and is Jacobean style. The top looks ...
dining room chairs3/2/2017George E. Harrison III
  Q: Can you tell me about them. Can't find any photos on line or anyone who has ever seen this style. ...
  A: While looking at your chair it appears to me that they are not antique, not (100 Years old). My ...
Bedroom Set3/1/2017robert klein
  Q: year it was made and what it might be worth. It's in rough shape and I plan on refinishing it. The ...
  A: The style is often called the waterfall style because of the top front curve of the case pieces. Yes ...
Orinoco Dining Room Set2/27/2017robert klein
  Q: I have an Orinoco Dining Room Set. I believe it was manufactured during or just before WWI. It is ...
  A: Tis a shame you have to get rid of it. It is from the teens -20s as you suspect. depending on the ...
victorian table2/26/2017robert klein
  Q: could you tell me the period this piece is from? The carving looks hand carved as it is uneven. Also ...
  A: Your table is late Victorian in oak. The top is quarter sawn oak. many people refer to this as ...
Antique Velvet Side Chairs2/21/2017robert klein
  Q: Can you please identify these chairs? I've been told that they are over 130 years old and possibly ...
  A: 1900-1915 DF or Sheraton in style but not period. 500 each as a pair retail in the condition shown. ...
Coal chest (?)2/19/2017robert klein
  Q: I got this chest about 40 years ago from elderly family fiends and I have never been able to ...
  A: coal box or kindling box. we used to see a lot of these from europe back in teh 70s and 80s. ...
Antique carved lion head settee and chair2/19/2017robert klein
  Q: I am curious about the age, type of wood, manufacturer, and value of this rather unique parlor set. ...
  A: use followup function and post close clear and infocus picture of the wood grain so in can determine ...
Table2/18/2017robert klein
  Q: My aunt has this table, I have researched and I can find nothing on it. The legs have wooden casters ...
  A: where are the feet or legs?? the well is for tobacco products unless there is a hole in it for a ...
Two tables2/17/2017robert klein
  Q: I just bought two tables and the lady who I bought them from told me they were from 1922. I'm not ...
  A: it is possible they are from the 20s but i suspect they are from the 1940s. doesnt matter tho. ...
Duncan Phyre Table2/11/2017robert klein
  Q: Is this a Duncan Phyre original or reproduction table ? Any idea what year/era the table was made ? ...
  A: not an original but DF or Sheraton or Hepplewhite style. Just that it has that type of base does ...
Kittinger Jacobean Buffet?2/4/2017George E. Harrison III
  Q: We recently picked up a piece from a thrift shop loving the way it looked. Haven't found much about ...
  A: Your Kittinger Jacobean style "court cupboard" was most likely made in the 1920's when this style of ...
Secretary Desk2/3/2017robert klein
  Q: I have A secretary Desk that has lock and key I have know clue about it would you be able to tell ...
  A: without a label there is no way anyone can tell you the manufacturers name of athe 5000 in operation ...
Aunt's Vintage Dining set2/2/2017robert klein
  Q: I am inquiring about my aunt's dining set. She has passed and we would like to sell this set but we ...
  A: without a label no one can tell you the manufacturer out of the 5000 in operation in teh 1920s when ...
dressing table1/29/2017robert klein
  Q: Can you tell me about this piece and give me an estimate of its value? I know it belongs on casters ...
  A: this is a walnut victorian drop center dresser made around 1860. it is possible that the area below ...
Table identification1/22/2017robert klein
  Q: Klein. I am needing some help identifying this table. I cant find any exact pictures of it on the ...
  A: I do not know who started the Molly P stories about tables but probably an auctioneer who wanted to ...
question about a antique table1/18/2017robert klein
  Q: can you determine if this is an original or a 1890s reproduction? ...
  A: No way to tell by looking at the pictures. In order to determine if this is mid 18th c or late ...
Bassett Furniture1/17/2017robert klein
  Q: Mr. Klein, I am wondering if you can advise my sister and I on my Mother's Dining room set. There is ...
  A: This set was made in teh 1920-30s. It is often referred to as waterfall furniture due to the curve ...
Jamestown Table Co Hutch1/15/2017robert klein
  Q: I would love some help identifying the period and value of this Jamestown Table Company hutch. It ...
  A: like it sits it would sell in a store at 400. properly refinished double that. it is a nice piece ...
Rockford Chippendale style Desk1/15/2017George E. Harrison III
  Q: I purchased this piece at consignment and it was painted. I refinished it and was curious to an ...
  A: Your Rockford "Desk" a secretary would have a bookcase top, is made out of mahogany. Since Desks ...
Antique Sligh Desk1/12/2017George E. Harrison III
  Q: I am looking for some information about a desk that I am refinishing. It has a gold metal plate on ...
  A: Your Sligh piece is a vanity and not a desk and was most likely made in the 1920's. When new it ...
Hickory Chair Mfg Co. table/unknown chair1/11/2017robert klein
  Q: Purchased this table and set of chairs. Table has 'Hickory Chair Mfg. Co.' stamped on one of the ...
  A: please tell me you are not, not, using the electric sander on that table top!!! to refinish, remove ...
Batesville Dining room Set c19401/11/2017George E. Harrison III
  Q: Good morning, I am looking to sell this set and would appreciate your expertise on what I can ...
  A: Your Batesville dining set was most likely made in the 1940's. It is of modest manufacture ...
Huntley serpentine desk1/10/2017George E. Harrison III
  Q: I am moving and would like to sell this desk due to lack of space. It was given to me when my aunt ...
  A: Desks like yours are not a popular item in todays marketplace. Its dates to around 1940. Hence the ...
Dining Room Furniture -- Jackobean - Tudor - Colonial Revival1/7/2017George E. Harrison III
  Q: Harrison, I'd like to know the Value and any other information that you can provide to me regarding ...
  A: Your Jacobean dining set was most likely made in the 1920's when this style was popular. Today due ...
Antique campaign desk?1/7/2017robert klein
  Q: This desk is freestanding with legs that can be unscrewed. The drawers are exposed on both sides and ...
  A: looks to be from teh 1930-40s but I will need a good clear picture of teh stamp, in focus. thanks ...
Identifying marble top dresser, time period and mfg1/3/2017robert klein
  Q: Could you please help me figure out if this is of value? I bought it in Georgia, about 18 years ...
  A: It looks to be of Belgian or England origin around the 1900-1930 era. The swat has nothing to do ...
Sigh Furniture Queen Anne desk value?1/2/2017George E. Harrison III
  Q: I inherited my father's Sligh Furniture leather top, claw foot Queen Anne (?) style desk and wanted ...
  A: Your Sligh Desk appears to be in lovely condition. You are right about prices be all over the map. ...
BP John/Fashion Flow furniture12/31/2016robert klein
  Q: I recently purchased a sideboard and I'd love to know more about it. There is one sticker that says ...
  A: some info from the grandson of BP: Burno Paul John was a German immigrant that helped start and fund ...
Kendal Furniture12/30/2016George E. Harrison III
  Q: we are thinking of selling a Kendal headboard and dresser. Both pieces are in very good condition. ...
  A: Could you possibly be referring to "Kindel Furniture" ? At any rate the style of your pieces are ...
Rocker12/28/2016robert klein
  Q: I purchased it 20 years ago - when I was quite na´ve about antiques - and was told it was a sewing ...
  A: folks have attached all sorts of names to everything including this fine rocker made in the 1920s. ...
information & value of antique vanity12/27/2016robert klein
  Q: We would like to know more about this beautiful piece of furniture. We believe it is a 1920s ...
  A: although these dovetails are sized like we expect from machine cut, these, I believe were cut by ...
Kittinger chair12/26/2016George E. Harrison III
  Q: I am emailing in hopes to find out a little information as to the time period of this old Kittinger ...
  A: Your Kittinger Jacobean arm chair was most likely made in the 1920's when this style of furniture ...
Really old buffet12/22/2016George E. Harrison III
  Q: I would like to send a picture it looks to be early to late 1800 nice mahogany with wood art design ...
  A: Your Sideboard is in the Hepplewhite design and appears to have been made in the late 19th century ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Top Expert on this page