Antique Furniture/Antique Glass Door Cabinet

Question
Full
Full  
Top angle
Top angle  
QUESTION: Good morning!

I'm hoping that you can help me get some information about a beautiful glass door cabinet that my husband acquired about 10 years ago from an estate sale.  We are toying with the idea of selling it because we keep shuffling it around the house, but not unless it is worth at least what we paid for it.  

The cabinet is a dark stain with glass doors that have narrow wood trim on the exterior of the glass.  It gives a cathedral-style look to it.  The glass appears to be "antique" in that it is wavy with some imperfections, but not a lot of bubbling.  The top of the cabinet has some detailed wood trim around the front and sides.  The very front has a patterned inlay under the trim.  All the shelves are adjustable with metal pegs.  The doors lock with a skeleton key.  

I have looked at every inch of this cabinet and cannot find anything to tell me who made it.  The only thing I can find is a name stamped into one of the brackets on the door (which look original) that says H.BOKER with GERMANY right underneath it. When you stick your head inside the cabinet you can also see some handwritten measurement scribbles.  But no identifying marks otherwise.

I can send more detailed pictures if it would help.  Any information that you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time!

Brooke

ANSWER: more pictures please

inside
rear outside

describe 'bracket' with boker on it--i now boker made knives and other items
it it heavy

what did you pay

QUESTION: I apologize for the delay in response, I've had midterms all week and it's been a bit brutal.  Anyway, I tried to attach two more pictures but I'm having issues with it not uploading.  So instead, I'm going to try to email them to you.    

I probably should not have called it a "bracket", it's actually the latch on the the top of the second door that you can lock to keep the door from swinging out.  I also took a picture of this for you.  

The cabinet is very heavy!

I believe my husband paid about $300 or $400 for it almost 10 years ago.  

I hope this is enough information for you.  Thank you so much for your time and assistance with this.

Brooke

Answer
this might be a better bookcase than you realize, not necessarily money wise but as a piece of furniture.  it would clean up well just using toluene free Briwax in the antique mahogany color.

I would have to pay about 600 wholesale to buy this at auction, then work on it to sell at 12-1800 retail.

a good piece from around 1900.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein