Antique Furniture/rocking chair

rocking chair
rocking chair  

would like to know how old and where it may have been made.
I can find no markings
I'm interested in knowing where the tree finials, and the
dogwood? carving may have origionated from
there is some veneer

Thank you for your time. I've looked everywhere on the internet

around 1890-1900 during the golden oak period. these motifs were popular on furniture as were mythical depictions.  it was just part of the styles manufactured.

the chair is oak and oak veneer.  quarter sawn oak.

this is a super style.  as to where it was manufactured, no one can say without a label.  there were thousands of manufacturers in operation at that time.

leafy carvings, applied and in relief were popular in various species as well.

this is a very nice rocker that would realistically retail at 450-500 in a shop depending on the condition.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.