Antique Furniture/antique

This nursing rocker was give to my husband by his grandmother. I'm sure it is very old. I have no idea what the wood is or what the seat is composed of. I would appreciate any information you could give me on it's composition and it's approximate value. Thanks so much for your help.

these aplint seats are usually oak, using saplings that are young and flexible.  the wood is split till it is what you see in the seat.

cant tell wood by color, must see a close picture showing the grain pattern.  most are ash, cherry, oak, hickory and other local woods.

slat back chairs and rockers were all similar yet different.  volumns have been written.

i need a close picture of the wood of the slats and a close picture of the leg where the rung enters.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.