Antique Furniture/Antique Rocker

Question
Chair spring assembly
Chair spring assembly  

Chair condition
Chair condition  
Robert,

Attached are two photos of my grandmothers rocker. One is a picture of the spring assembly with a pat. Date of Dec 1 86. Can you provide me with the value of the chair and where it may have been manufactured. There are no other identifying marks on the chair. The only reason I looked on the spring assembly was because of a previous post on your site. Thank you for the service you provide.

Thanks, Mike

Answer
there were thousands of manufacturers in operation so no one can tell you which company made this piece without a label.

The chair would have been manufactured after the patent date of the hardware.  Even without that date I would place this at 1890-1900.

the photo is not good enough to identify the wood species, but, they are usually walnut, or birch.  cant really tell the condition but you will see these at 200 unrestored in shops.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein