Antique Furniture/Chifferobe

I have a Marstall Furniture Company Chifferobe, it's been in the Family since at least 1912. It woes it haveas made in Henderson KY. It stayed in KY until I moved to PA 1996. The drawer knobs on the top drawer are not original. I have heard that at one time the piece had an arm for a towel? just about the drawers, as it was a wash stand/wardrobe combo? Family stories or fact, I am unsure. I am curious...does it have value? Thanks, Linda Biddle

It is likely it has a frame with a towel bar above the drawer section but not necessairly.  If it did there would be some clue.  Nail holes or screw holes in the back; or a shaded area on the back, or the top rear might have a line about 3/4 inch from the rear but on the top.

as shown retail in a shop 450$

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.