Antique Furniture/Chifferobe

Question
Chifferobe
Chifferobe  
I have a Marstall Furniture Company Chifferobe, it's been in the Family since at least 1912. It woes it haveas made in Henderson KY. It stayed in KY until I moved to PA 1996. The drawer knobs on the top drawer are not original. I have heard that at one time the piece had an arm for a towel? just about the drawers, as it was a wash stand/wardrobe combo? Family stories or fact, I am unsure. I am curious...does it have value? Thanks, Linda Biddle

Answer
It is likely it has a frame with a towel bar above the drawer section but not necessairly.  If it did there would be some clue.  Nail holes or screw holes in the back; or a shaded area on the back, or the top rear might have a line about 3/4 inch from the rear but on the top.

as shown retail in a shop 450$

Antique Furniture

robert klein