Antique Furniture/china cabinet

china cabinet
china cabinet  

china cabinet
china cabinet  
Hi, Mr Harrison, Could you please tell me the age and aproximate vaue of this china cabinet. I could'nt find any marks on it. Thank you so much for your help.  Tom

Hi Tom,

A better description for your piece would be a country style step-back cupboard.

From what I am able to see, it appears that this piece was made in the 1950's - 1960's
by an amateur cabinetmakers.  

I realize that it is suppose to resemble a country piece of furniture,but the finishing techniques and the use of a 4x8 sheet of plywood is a quick giveaway of it's quality,
or lack thereof, since the back should resemble barn siding.

As for a value, since it's quality of execution is rather crude and current values being
somewhat suppressed, $150 to $225 is a presumable range.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.