Antique Furniture/china cabinet

Question
china cabinet
china cabinet  

china cabinet
china cabinet  
Hi, Mr Harrison, Could you please tell me the age and aproximate vaue of this china cabinet. I could'nt find any marks on it. Thank you so much for your help.  Tom

Answer
Hi Tom,

A better description for your piece would be a country style step-back cupboard.

From what I am able to see, it appears that this piece was made in the 1950's - 1960's
by an amateur cabinetmakers.  

I realize that it is suppose to resemble a country piece of furniture,but the finishing techniques and the use of a 4x8 sheet of plywood is a quick giveaway of it's quality,
or lack thereof, since the back should resemble barn siding.

As for a value, since it's quality of execution is rather crude and current values being
somewhat suppressed, $150 to $225 is a presumable range.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.amwericanainteeriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III