Antique Furniture/China Hutch

Question
Hutch
Hutch  

Hutch1
Hutch1  
Hi George,
I recently came into possession of a china hutch made by Georgetown Galleries.  The date stamped on the back is 1-16-46 and a sticker says "Solid Mahogany."  It is in wonderful condition and seems to be quality construction.  I can't find any information on Georgetown Galleries and would like to know if you could tell me anything about the company and some estimate on the value.  Thank you for you valuable time.  I always try to find the information first but when I run into a problem I always find ALLExperts very knowledgeable and helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Answer
Hi Glenn,

Georgetown Galleries was founded and operated by Mr. William P. Muth of Huntington, WV. Mr. Muth also founded the Mason Furniture Corp. of Point Pleasant, WV.

Checking into my archives, in 1950 your breakfront had a retail of $350. and could be found
on sale at about $250.

That is what I feel your piece is worth today due to a total lack of interest in plain
traditional mahogany furniture.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanaionteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III