Antique Furniture/Dining Suite

Question
Dining Table & Chairs
Dining Table & Chairs  

Sideboard
Sideboard  
Hello Mr. Klein,
I would like to know a few details about this dining suite.
It was my partner's grandmother. We found a stamp and a sticker under the table.
The Stamp has a date on it: 29\OCT\1947.
We couldn't find any name of manufacturer.
I thought maybe you could help us with the wood identification, style and technique. Also, if you could guess approx. how much it's worth?
We're living in Australia.
(I added 2 photos but please tell me if you want me to send more)
Thanks for your help,
Suf

Answer
the style is jacobean.  all i can tell from the photos is the tulip poplar and sweet gum wood but the drawer with the stripes might be maple or birch.  it is a manufactured item.  i know more about American furniture and this looks like English.

I have no clue as to the prices in your country.  Here it would sell in a retail setting at 300 for the chairs, 300 or the table and 350 for the sideboard.

Antique Furniture

robert klein