Antique Furniture/Dining Suite

Dining Table & Chairs
Dining Table & Chairs  

Hello Mr. Klein,
I would like to know a few details about this dining suite.
It was my partner's grandmother. We found a stamp and a sticker under the table.
The Stamp has a date on it: 29\OCT\1947.
We couldn't find any name of manufacturer.
I thought maybe you could help us with the wood identification, style and technique. Also, if you could guess approx. how much it's worth?
We're living in Australia.
(I added 2 photos but please tell me if you want me to send more)
Thanks for your help,

the style is jacobean.  all i can tell from the photos is the tulip poplar and sweet gum wood but the drawer with the stripes might be maple or birch.  it is a manufactured item.  i know more about American furniture and this looks like English.

I have no clue as to the prices in your country.  Here it would sell in a retail setting at 300 for the chairs, 300 or the table and 350 for the sideboard.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.