Antique Furniture/Very Old Rocking Chair

Old Wooden Rocker
Old Wooden Rocker  
"Hi there,
I was so happy when I saw your site! I have had this chair for about 20 years. I got it from a 98 year old friend from Massachusetts who told me to take anything I wanted from her cellar. I'm trying to downsize and I'm looking to see how much this is worth. I don't know whether it is very old or handmade etc. Any information would be greatly appreciated."

rocker was manufactured around 1885.  cant tell the wood from the distance of the photo but it is likely oak or elm.  the cane is called radio weave.

in the condition shown it would sell around 50$.  Restored it would sell at 225.  Cost of restoration would be $250 plus cane at another $125.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.