Antique Furniture/please apraise and give thoughts on the pieces

vintage drexel
vintage drexel  
i am intersted in a price for this dresser.its  and if its worth my while i have the rest of the set and will send pics accordingly. many thanks

Hi Eli,

Before starting to read your note I viewed your photo and my first response was,
ah, vintage Drexel bedroom chest on chest. I guess it is that driftwood colored
finishes that gives it away.

The old Drexel furniture company was noted for making quality furniture with a
updated, stylized design, especially in the 1950's thru the 60"s.  While that
look found a following for the time period, it is not so sought after today.

In fact, today's buyers are shunning away from all traditional looks and pursuing
mid-fifties modern furniture, hence leaving pieces like your to go begging.

Your chest has a somewhat depressed value of perhaps $100 to $150. and your other
pieces, priced accordingly. Depending on your financial situation, perhaps making
a donation would be more practical than trying to find a buyer.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III  

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.