Antique Furniture/chair

Question
chair
chair  

bottom of seat
bottom of seat  
I have what I believe to be a one armed ladies chair.  Wondering if you could tell me if this is, in fact, an antique and it's possible value?

The back leg looks to be square rather than decorative like the other three.  Thank you!

Answer
this is an eastlake style victorian chair that is an adaptation of a corner chair in form.

the wood should be walnut, the carving in incise carving, often the carved troughs were gilded in the depressions.

in a shop it would sell at 400-500 as shown.  upholstery is perfect for this chair but unfortunately that does not add to the market value.  however insurance replacement value would be 1000.

Antique Furniture

robert klein