Antique Furniture/delaminated and buckled veneer

Question
Walnut table -Veneer issue
Walnut table -Veneer i  

Walnut Table - more veneer issue
Walnut Table - more ve  
Hello Bob,

I am wondering if you can suggest how to deal with walnut veneer on a table top that has delaminated and has also buckled / lifted off ? There is now a very serious ridge along one side of the table, and a less serious one along the other.
The rest including the legs of this  ( we think 1940'ish )table are quite nice, we would like to rescue it if a rescue is reasonably possible and does not involve days of work on the veneer alone.
Looking forward to your suggestion!

Thank you in advance!

Answer
walnut veneer, 1920s.

this is not a repair that is easily done or explained.

there are two layers of veneer on top and two on the underneath.  the problem is what caused this and how far has it gone.  in my shop i can repair these things but if the table is placed back in the same environment it will happen again is a different place.

you have to determine if layer one, the show face, has let go from layer two, the substrate.  then if the substrate has let go from the core, the board that is samdwiched between the four layers of veneer.

check then get back to me.

Antique Furniture

robert klein