Antique Furniture/Duncan phyfe style table set

Question
table and chairs
table and chairs  

chair
chair  
Hi, I recently purchased this set for $75.00. I wasn't buying it because I thought it had value, I bought it because I love the style and would look cute in my kitchen. My friend told me though that it may be worth something as the chairs look like they have the original embroidered seats (covered in plastic and in perfect shape. I'm curious to see if it is actually worth something. I checked to see who made the set but the stamp on the bottom of the chairs is faded. Looks like it was a red writing. It is in great shape other than the top of the table which is worn. There are also two other leaves in perfect condition. if you could tell me anything bout it or if it has any value that would be great. For me its more about the history than he value.

Answer
chairs are called lyre back chairs ans would sell in a shop at 50 each

the table would sell at 250.

the table is mahogany veneer on the top and apron, the legs probably sweet gum stained mahogany.

all was made in the 1940s.

federal style is a good category and a timeless form.

you did well

Antique Furniture

robert klein