Antique Furniture/Old Chair

Question
Hello,

This chair belonged to my great great grandmother and was given to my parents about 30 years ago. Recently my mother gave my wife and I the chair and we just had it reupholstered last week.

We really love the chair and are excited to have it in our home for years to come. The only problem is we dont know anything about it.

I was hoping you could help with telling us the age of the chair and/or any additional information would be appricated.

I'm sending you this with my Ipad and for some reason it won't let me attach the pictures, is it possible to email them to you?

Thanks for your time looking into this.

Thanks,

William & Colette Russell

Answer
this is a 1920s barrel back or channel back arm chair or easy chair--that is how they were labeled in the old catalogs.

it is done in the queen anne and chippendale styles and was referred to as colonial revival.  good legs, arms and arm supports with good curve and good beading, good carving on teh feet ollks well done, what i can see.

it is always best to take pictures of upholstered items after the fabric has been removed.  hopefully the upholsterer ties all the springs properly and did not replace them with foam, a little forma to help keep shape is good over springs.

good chair.

Antique Furniture

robert klein