Antique Furniture/Silk Brocade sofa

Question
Sofa
Sofa  

tag
tag  
I just bought a silk brocade camel back sofa from my local thrift shop.  I was wondering how to tell how old it is.  I have taken pictures of hte Law Tag, the manuf. Tag and the sofa itself.

Answer
Hi Pam,

Looking at your sofa, I would have to say that it was made around the 1960's.

While I am not familiar with the makers name on the tag, there have been
many contract shops in North Carolina that made pieces for the larger and
more well known furniture brands.  The build quality of your sofa is of
average construction for the time period judging by it's original
upholstery. Certainly furniture built to a price rather than a standard.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.ameericanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III