Antique Furniture/Table ID

Drop Leaf Table
Drop Leaf Table  

Hi, I recently acquired this drop leaf table. Could you give some info on origin, age, style,type of wood, and value. It's 36" long, 15" wide with leafs down. 35 1/4" wide leafs up. @ 29 3/4" tall.
Table top and leafs are each one piece of wood 13/16" thick.
Thank You,
Bob C.

HI Robert,

It appears that your drop leaf table was made out of mahogany and is a bench made piece, judging by the secondary construction underneath and most likely American.

As for age, my guess is that it is possibly for the 1940's but it is extremely hard to
authenticate without physically examining the table. A value would be about $200.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.