Antique Furniture/Table ID

Question
Drop Leaf Table
Drop Leaf Table  

underside
underside  
Hi, I recently acquired this drop leaf table. Could you give some info on origin, age, style,type of wood, and value. It's 36" long, 15" wide with leafs down. 35 1/4" wide leafs up. @ 29 3/4" tall.
Table top and leafs are each one piece of wood 13/16" thick.
Thank You,
Bob C.

Answer
HI Robert,

It appears that your drop leaf table was made out of mahogany and is a bench made piece, judging by the secondary construction underneath and most likely American.

As for age, my guess is that it is possibly for the 1940's but it is extremely hard to
authenticate without physically examining the table. A value would be about $200.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III