Antique Furniture/Nelson Matter desk

Kelzie wrote at 2012-11-25 18:23:58
That answer WAS really helpful.  My mother just gave me a dresser that has the same name burned inside the drawers, and I thought it was just a reproduction.  Condition is slightly damaged in quite a fewplaces because of chips in paint.  Someone painted it.  I was looking over it and wondering if I could somehow restore it.  Once something like this is painted, how damaging would it be to sand it and what would be the best way to sand it?  

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.