Antique Furniture/Hutch

BJ Benfer wrote at 2013-08-09 23:34:20
FYI: “Lewisburg Chair and Furniture Co" was the original name of the company founded in Lewisburg, PA - prior to take-over by General Interiors, Maytag, and others. I agree the quality dropped with each take-over.

In the 1970s, PA House produced a line of furniture that consisted of reproductions of furniture found in Independence Hall, Philadelphia. The company's product engineer and one of their designers were invited to Independence Hall for measurements, finish, hardware, and other details needed. One of the pieces that I particularly remember was the reproduction of an original Savery Queen Anne side chair.

The label that reads “Pennsylvania House Reproduction” could mean this is a reproduction of a piece of PA House furniture - or that this is one of their reproductions of the Independence Hall furniture.  I suspect the latter given that the label George describes generally matches the label that I remember seeing on that series. The label I recall said "Pennsylvania House Reproduction in [black letters] Collector's Finish [red letters]," and the lettering and roof of Independence Hall is black with the body of the building in red.

Amy wrote at 2014-05-07 22:07:51
I would like to email Glen who originally was asking about a hutch.  We have an identical hutch to this one I think.  But on back it says:  "No. 4581 Hutch Mt./Vernon, Finn.  We think that this may be the same place that made a drop leaf table with chairs that we have and we would like to find some more of the chairs.  Do you have any idea where they can be found?

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III